- Russian is the 5th most spoken language in the world and one of the six official languages of the United Nations.
- Knowing Russian opens a world of opportunities in meeting people and visiting places.
- Knowing Russian will make it easier for you to speak any other Slavic language, e.g. Polish, Czech, Slovak, Bulgarian, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or Slovene.
- Russian language is the most widely spoken of the Slavic languages and the largest native language in Europe, with 144 million native speakers in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus and about 300 million total speakers of Russian in the world.
- Knowing Russian helps you find a job more easily not only in Cyprus but all over the world.
- Russian is considered a difficult language but in fact, its syntax and grammar are very similar to Greek, as well as the Cyrillic alphabet. Hence, you already have an advantage in learning it.
- If you travel to Russia, or Russian speaking countries, it won’t be easy to get away with English as very few locals speak English and even fewer feel comfortable doing so.
- Show that you have tried to learn the language (despite the mistakes) and Russians will turn into warm, welcoming and trusting!
- Speaking the language of a Russian tourist or a Russian investor in Cyprus will ease communication and help you deliver your message more effectively.
- According to the statistical agency in Cyprus, the island annually attracts more than5 million tourists. For the first time in June 2014, the number of tourists from Russia in Cyprus exceeded the number of guests from the UK.
- Cyprusis quite attractive for the Russian real estate investors due to the warm climate, the same religion, the most favorable (for Cyprus) double taxation treaty with Russia, the existing low taxation system in Cyprus, the regular flights, etc.
- Russia is a country with rich history, culture, and traditions, and a wonderful travel destination (You may want to combine your trip with 2018 Fifa World Cup).
- Learning Russian will allow you to read world class literature by Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Chekhov, Pushkin, Gogol, Pasternak, etc.
- Learning Russian will also allow you to read authentic works and listen to speeches by some of the world’s greatest historic figures, such as Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Rasputin, Lenin, Stalin, Gorbachev, Yeltsin and now Putin.
Register at our Russian classes at GE-Center in Larnaka by contacting us at 24636280 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2 hours per week
Duration: approx. 8 months (October – May)
Fees: €75 per month