- Knowing German makes you more employable in Cyprus and abroad.
- In Cyprus, like in many other countries, visitors from Germany, Austria and Switzerland make up one of the largest and most important tourist groups. A knowledge of German is therefore a great advantage in the tourist industry.
- The German economy ranks number one in Europe and number four worldwide. Its economy is comparable to that of all the world’s Spanish-speaking countries combined.
- Multinational business opportunities exist throughout the European Union and in the Eastern European countries, where German is the second most spoken language after Russian. Companies like BMW, Daimler, Siemens, Lufthansa, SAP, Bosch, Infineon, BASF, and many others need competent German speaking employees worldwide.
- The Japanese, who have the 2nd most powerful economy in the world, understand the business advantages that a knowledge of German will bring them: 68% of Japanese students study German.
- Germany is the world’s second-largest exporter (from cars to machinery and industrial equipment, from pharmaceuticals to household goods).
- German is the second most commonly used scientific language. Germany is the third largest contributor to research and development and offers research fellowships to scientists from abroad. It is good to have in mind that 22 Nobel Prizes in Physics, 30 in Chemistry, and 25 in Medicine have gone to scientists from the three major German-speaking countries.
- Knowing German enables you to travel and have an authentic experience in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy, and other European countries where German is widely spoken.
- Knowing German will enable you to read and listen to the authentic works of major philosophers, writers and composers, such as Goethe, Kafka, Mozart, Bach and Beethoven.
- An advanced level of German language will enable you to study at one of the prestigious universities in Germany with a very low or non-existent tuition fee.
- German is considered a difficult language but its grammar and syntax are similar to Greek. Therefore, Greek-speakers have an advantage.
- Once you know German, it is easy to understand other languages, like Dutch.
- German and English are similar (Haus = house, Buch = book, Finger = finger, Hand = hand, Name = name, Mutter = mother, schwimmen = to swim, singen = to sing, kommen = to come, blau = blue, alt = old, windig = windy).
Register at our German classes at GE-Center in Larnaka by contacting us at 24636280 / firstname.lastname@example.org
2 hours per week
Duration: approx. 8 months (October – May)
Fees: €70 per month
€20-25 per hour, depending on frequency.